Parents/Caregivers and children must adhere to the Community Standards Policy. The Community Standards Policy provides rules regarding safety, sickness, parental accompaniment, classroom and playspace etiquette, and other matters. The Community Standards Policy may be amended from time to time. A copy is available upon request or on our website at www.kidville.ca/policy
For the enjoyment of all parents, caregivers and children, we ask that you follow our terms of venue etiquette:
- All parents and caregivers are responsible for their child’s safety and supervision and are required to be within arm’s reach at all times.
- Socks are required for both adults and children in all classrooms. Please bring socks for all children and adults who plan on attending.
- Please keep sick children at home. We reserve the right to send a child home to get well at our discretion and offer a make-up. Come play when you are at your best.
- Children enrolled in ‘separation’ or ‘drop-off’ classes must be escorted to and from classrooms by their parent/caregiver. Please arrange to have your child picked up on time by a person registered with Kidville.
- Please turn off your cell phones or set them to vibrate. If you need to take a call, please step outside the room.
- If your child becomes upset, please step outside of the room and return when your child feels better.
- Please keep your voices low and your conversations to a minimum. Anyone disrupting the class may be asked to leave the room.
- If your child needs you during separation classes, please be as discreet as possible.
- For the comfort of all participants in your class, we have a limit of one adult per child in the class. If you would like an additional adult to come, please inquire at the Front Desk.
- If a child has an allergy or any other medical condition that requires an EpiPen or medication, it must be on the premises with the parent/caregiver at all times.
- No outside food or drink is permitted in the classrooms
Kidville is food-allergy aware and committed to providing a safe environment for our members. Therefore, we request that you do not bring common allergens including peanuts, nuts, or foods containing nut ingredients onto the premises.
In accordance with fire safety regulations, strollers will not be permitted into classrooms. Strollers are to be ‘parked’ in designated areas within the facility. It may be required to park strollers outside of the facilities if capacities are met. We recommend that you bring a stroller lock to secure your property if required.
Members are responsible for all of his/her belongings, it is the responsibility of the parent/caregiver to secure these items properly. Kidville and its employees will not be held liable for any lost, damaged or stolen articles. It is highly recommended that valuables are not brought to the facility. In the unlikely event, a theft has taken place, Kidville will do everything within its means to locate the item(s). Kidville will not be held liable to replace any lost or stolen items.
For the safety of all participates and in case of emergencies, it is the responsibility of the primary member to ensure that we have the most up-to-date contact information on file, including mailing address, email address and phone number. Please ensure that our email address(es) email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org are added to your “approved sender” list.
How to Register
Call or check our website for classes and services offered at your location. Early registration is strongly advised, as classes may fill quickly. All forms must be signed by a parent or guardian before a child can attend class. Please note that Kidville Academy (KVA) is offered by KVU Inc. within Kidville’s facilities.
By Phone: Call your local Kidville facility.
Online: Go to www.kidville.com and follow prompts for registration.
In-Person: Stop by the Front Desk of your local Kidville facility.
Memberships commence on the purchase date. For as long as you are being auto-billed your monthly class plan, you are considered an ‘active member’. Upon cancellation of your plan or if you in arrears of your monthly payments, your membership will be suspended. Your ‘home facility’ is the location at which you are registered for classes.
Single Class Plan gives you access to 1 (one) class/visit per week, Double Class Plan gives you access to 2 (two) classes/visits per week, and Unlimited Class Plan gives unlimited access. Classes must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Classes are subject to availability and will be reserved on a first come, first-serve basis. We strongly recommend that you reserve your classes in advance. Unused visits can roll over to the next week (up to 1 for a Single, and 2 for a Double). If you’re not able to attend, we would ask that you cancel your scheduled class online or by calling our Front Desk before 9:00 am on the day of your class. Your payment reserves a class for your child(ren) regardless of attendance. One child per membership. Siblings can be added at the low cost of $50 per month. Birthday Party Credits hold no cash value and are limited to the child named on the membership. 1 credit per membership. Minimum three (3) month commitment. Membership will then continue month to month. After the first month, subsequent months will be auto-billed to the credit card on file in the amount of $76 for a Single Class Plan, $144 for a Double Class Plan and $340 for an Unlimited Class Plan. HST will be applied to all plans/purchases. The member agrees to keep their account up-to-date with a valid credit card. It is agreed that Kidville has permission to make future monthly debits until notified in writing otherwise. All cancellation requests must be received 30 days prior to the billing date and must be submitted in writing to email@example.com. If a plan is cancelled prior to the three (3) month commitment, a $50 early cancellation fee will be applied. If additional costs are incurred by Kidville to collect payments referenced, those costs plus a $25 service charge will be applied. Accounts can be placed on hold for a maximum of 1 month.
Fees are payable in full at the time of registration. Check our website for current pricing at your home facility. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Debit, or Cash. We do not accept cheques. When payment is completed, you will receive confirmation and receipt via email.
Sales tax will be applied to any offerings as specified by government regulations.
Kidville Gift Cards are redeemable at any Kidville Canada location. Not valid in the USA. Gift Cards may be used at the boutique, salon and to purchase classes and Playspace passes not exceeding the remaining credit balance on this card. Treat this Card as cash; if it is lost, it can not be replaced.
Members are able to join waitlists for classes and Camp Kidville and will automatically be enrolled in classes and camp prior to the start of the class if spaces become available in the order in which they enrolled to the waitlist based on date and time. Members on waitlists will be notified of openings via email.
Safety & Sickness
- Please keep sick children at home. Children must be free for 24 hours from fever, diarrhea, and vomiting before returning to Kidville. We reserve the right to send a child home to get well at our discretion and offer a make-up. We may ask for a doctor’s note to return to Kidville after certain contagious illnesses including but not limited to Hand Food and Mouth Disease, Conjunctivitis, or any noticeable rash. Come play when you are at your best.
- Children enrolled in drop-off classes must be escorted to and from classrooms by their parent/caregiver. Please arrange to have your child picked up on time by a person registered with Kidville.
- If a child has an allergy that requires an EpiPen, an adult must remain on the premise at all times.
- It is the responsibility of the primary member (the purchaser of the family membership) to add or remove persons authorized to check into Kidville.
Attendance & Make-Ups
Classes: Unused visits (make-ups) can roll over to the next week (up to 1 for a Single, and 2 for a Double). If you’re not able to attend, we would ask that you cancel your scheduled class online or by calling our Front Desk before 9:00 am on the day of your class. Your payment reserves a class for your child(ren) regardless of attendance. No refunds will be issued for missed classes.
Camp Kidville: Camp Kidville does not offer make-ups for missed classes. No refunds will be provided for absent days, sick days or holidays.
Cancellations & Refunds
We reserve the right to cancel or modify classes and faculty. Your payment reserves a class for your child(ren) regardless of attendance. No refunds will be issued for missed classes. Accounts can be placed on hold for a maximum of 1 month. Kidville Academy (KVA), KVA Prep and Camp Kidville have different billing plans and cancellation policies.
All cancellation requests must be received 30 days prior to the billing date and must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. and must be received by the specified refund date. If a plan is cancelled prior to the three (3) month commitment, a $50 early cancellation fee will be applied.
KVA Prep & Classes: Subject to your consumer rights membership/payments are non-transferable and non-refundable. (All Annual, semi class plans or also non-transferable and non-refundable)
Memberships: Subject to your consumer rights membership/payments are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Signup Fee: Subject to your consumer rights, any and all refunds will be less the amount of the non-refundable one-time signup fee.
Camp Kidville: Placement in the Camp Kidville program is guaranteed for each registered child once payment has been made. If a family chooses to leave at any time between their acceptance and the end of the session, full program costs remain due and payable. The full cost is applicable even if your child is absent due to family vacation, temporary illness, or if the school closures due to inclement weather and other reasons. Once you have paid, Camp Kidville is non-refundable/non-transferable, and there will be no exceptions granted. Camp Kidville does not offer make-ups for missed classes. No refunds will be provided for absent days, sick days or holidays.
Media Release Policy
On occasion, we will use photographs, electronic images, as well as audio and video recordings in marketing, training, management and promotion programs. All such images and recordings are the property of LKM Kids Company Inc.(DBA Kidville) and/or KVU Inc. Such images and recordings may be used for promotional purposes and that LMK Kids Company Inc. and/or KVU Inc. may, without restriction, reproduce, publish, adapt, perform and communicate such images and recordings, in whole or in part, in any media (whether now existing or hereafter invented) throughout the world without my further permission and without any compensation whatsoever. If you do not wish for your child to be photographed, and/or recorded please inform a Kidville employee.
Kidville has the right to update Policy Terms and Conditions and other policies at any time. Please see www.kidville.ca/policy for current information and any location-specific policies. Non-compliance with Kidville’s policies and procedures may result in termination of membership and/or guests may be asked to leave the facilities.